Monday, April 13, 2009

Desert Botanical Gardens at night



Joe and I went to the Desert Botanical Garden on Easter Sunday night. The Chihuly exhibit has been there since November and ends at the end of May. Since its installation, there has been an overwhelming response, so they have since only let people attend by making reservations. Even with reservations, the park was so crowded. I have only been when a few people are there - it's so relaxing and you can really enjoy the natural desert beauty. So this was a big change from my other experiences. I don't really like crowds, so that can sometimes take away from my experiences. Despite the crowds, it was nice to spend some quality time with Joe, have sandwich in the park and watch the sun go down and the sculptures change with the light. Beautiful, just beautiful.

2 comments: