Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wedding Planning - Invitations

I consider myself to be a frugal person, therefore, I am trying to find ways to make our wedding affordable. I know the internet has been a great source for inspiration and ideas, so I thought I'd share some of mine.

I am making our invitations. I found scripts for wedding invitations just by googling it and found what I liked. Michael's sells 100 count blank invitations and envelopes, 8.5''x5.5''. I printed the text onto the blank invitation from my home computer and printer. Super easy!


Using scrapbooking supplies I already had, I glued a strip of 1/2'' wide green paper down the side. I found the stamp in one of the dollar bins at Michael's and found a blue ink pad in the shade I wanted. The text I used is "Handwriting - Dakota". The image at the bottom is an image I found on the internet and I used my photo editing program to change the colors to my colors.


Since the strip of paper on the front was longer than the invitation, I had a bunch of extra scraps to use up, so I glued one on the back of the invitation above the text. Then to add more color and repetition, I used the stamp again on the back as well.


I decided to print on both the front and back to save paper and postage. I know it's formal and nice to have all those cards for your invitations with maps & directions, RSVP cards and the like, but I know if anyone else is like me, those RSVP cards are so small and you end up with so many cards, I end up misplacing something. Plus, it's just more paper for me to throw away when I am done with them - More waste! Which is also why we are having folks RSVP online, by e-mail, or by phone. I will have an additional card for those invited to the rehearsal dinner, which Michael's also sells, blank and in sets of 10.

3 comments:

  1. you're so creative -- cactus -- have a good one.

    sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are adorable. You're putting in so much effort! How many guests are you inviting? All this work by hand is impressive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shoshana! We are inviting 150 people...116 of which is family! Ha!

    ReplyDelete