Monday, February 9, 2009

Papa's birthday


I love this photo of him.


Always the ladies' man!


Papa and Memere. Beautiful couple!


Uncle Louis and Papa.
Today is Papa's birthday. He passed away last summer in July. He would be 90 years old today! I had some other pictures to post, but realized I forgot the special USB converter for file cards to upload them to the computer at Joe's house. I'll have to post them later.

Even though I moved away to Arizona over 4 years ago and haven't been able to be around my family as much as I used to be, I miss him. I miss knowing he won't be there the next time I go home, or having breakfast on Saturdays with the family. It's the first death of someone close to me that I've experienced, so it's been a new experience for me as far as learning how to cope with it when it happened and understanding that empty feeling when I think of him not being in this world. So today I remember him and say a prayer....

No comments:

Post a Comment